Repeat customers – For Life!
If all your customers buy from you only once, how will you sustain your business? You need your customers to buy from you once and enjoy the experience & the product so much that they come back for more and bring their friends with them. That’s the secret to sustained profits.
According to marketing Guru Jay Abraham, there are only 3 ways to grow any business:
1. Increase the number of customers…
2. Increase the unit value of each purchase transaction…
3. Increase the number of purchases each customer makes… The easiest and least-costly sale you’ll ever make is to an existing customer.
It’s a fact of business. Attracting new customers is always more time consuming and costlier than getting existing customers to do business with you. Successful marketing builds positive, long-term relationships with people.
Here’s a list of things you can put in place to ensure repeat customers for life!
1. Develop a regular system of communication with your existing customers where you can inform them of new products, improvements in existing products / services.
2. Keep in touch with your customers with tools like invitations, postcards, newsletters, thank-you cards and sales letters.
3. Keep customers and prospects informed about changes in your business
4. Let them know first about new offers, discounts, sales, new products and services, as well as new applications for existing products
5. Keep the lines of communication open so customers can easily have their problems solved – regular contact makes you more seem more accessible to customers
6. Do whatever it takes to make customers happy expeditiously.
7. Ask them to refer their friends to you to receive to your free newsletter, sample, catalogue, etc.
8. Make sure your existing customers are the first to know about all upcoming events, new product releases, publicity excerpts, changes in product selection, etc.
9. Remind customers well in time to renew or replenish their supply
10. Provide helpful tips or pass along related information customers may find useful.
If you treat customers as your friends, your business is bound to grow. We all like to “help out” our friends. Your customers will do a lot of “selling” for you.
You have to put in an effort to remain “top of mind.” What this means in simple terms is that whenever the customer thinks of a product or service yours should be the first name that pops up in his head. You should be the first person he approaches to fulfill his need.
Maximize the value of each customer you have by ensuring he buys from you repeatedly.